Information we may collect from you – We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us – You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you make a donation, request information from, register for an event, sign up to our newsletter and if you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
• Information we collect about you – With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information: o technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and o information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; this information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
Information about other individuals – If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data and receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices. Monitoring – We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance and training.
Uses made of the information – We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us – We will use this information: o to process any donations you make; o to provide you with any information you have requested; o to claim gift aid (where applicable); o to notify you about changes to our Site; and o to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you – We will use this information to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources – We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information – We may disclose your personal information to:
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
• third parties, in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• third parties, if all, or substantially all, of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
Retention of your information – We will keep the following information for the time periods set out in the table below:
Type of information – When deleted Gift Aid declarations and associated information (name, address and consent) 7 years after first processed Name, phone number, email address, post address, website 1 calendar year from last contact Financial information relating to a donation made to us 7 years
• How to turn off cookies o If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Where we store your personal data
• All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers hosted by our third-party processors. Security Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of your data transmitted to our Site and you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
• Marketing You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will ask you (before collecting your data) if you consent to us using your data for such purposes. Where you do provide your consent, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Access to information The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
• Right to be Forgotten – In certain circumstances you can request us to delete all information we hold which identifies you. You can make this request at any time by emailing email@example.com but please note we may be compelled to maintain your information due to specific legislative or regulatory requirements.
• Data Corrections – You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing us with enough information to identify you; and specifying the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.